I have a major sweet tooth so I am always looking for that velvety chocolately treat which is clean. Clean treats are hard to come by, but I think I may have found the recipe to settle my craving! I would like to present to you, clean raw chocolate brownies!
Theses are RAW brownies and NO BAKE.
Ingredients you will need:
I went to Coles today to buy the ingredients. These brownies cost under $7 in total which is pretty good considering nuts are pretty expensive these days!
- 1.5 Cups of Dates (Medjool or just normal dates - see picture above for the brand I used)
- 125g of crumbed walnuts (Just over 1 cup)
- 1 scoop of your favourite protein powder. I used Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard - Double Chocolate - You can omit this and put 2 scoops of raw cacao powder
- Drizzle of honey / rice malt syrup / sweetener of your choice - If you choose cacao powder, put equal amounts of sweetener
- 1 ripe avocado (pick one that gives easily when pressed)
- Drizzle of honey / rice malt syrup / sweetener of your choice or 2 tbsp of sweetener if you choose to use cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 scoops of your favourite protein powder. I used Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard - Double Chocolate OR 2 tsbp of raw cacao powder.
- 1/2 vanilla pod, scraped
1. First we are going to make the frosting: Place all of the frosting ingredients into a food processor / mixer. Blitz for about 10-30 seconds until creamy and chocolatey. Taste the frosting to ensure it is sweet / chocolatey enough. If you want it to be more chocolatey, add more protein powder. If you want it to be sweeter, add more honey.
2. Once mixed enough, place frosting into the fridge. It should look something like this:
3. Now for the brownie mix. Place all of the brownie ingredients into a food processor. (You can use the same food processor). Blitz on high for about 10 second intervals. Slowly continue to blitz. Your mixture should look like the below.
4. Get a cake tin and line it with baking paper. Take your brownie mixture and press into a cake tin using the back of a spoon.
5. Get the frosting out of the fridge and spoon on top of the brownie mix.
6. Place in the freezer for about 1/2 - 1 hour until the frosting hardens. The brownies won't freeze because there is little to no water content so only remove when you are ready to eat.